4/8/12

Easter Ride

My husband and I biked to Easter dinner at his sister's house, 2.7 miles away. It was about 57 degrees today and very windy but sunny. We mostly took side roads and we had to cross Burton Street, a busy road, but overall we encountered very few aggressive drivers (we still had a few drivers accelerate as they passed us on Hall Street. Why do cars do this? What is the point?).

It was my inaugural ride for my Yakkay helmet and the first time I've ever worn a skirt while biking. I must say, wearing a skirt was my favorite part of the ride. I felt free. Unbound. It was easier than pants, and I felt feminine and sassy. :) It was also nice to ride and talk to my husband, it was like we were on a little date.

My in-laws raved about my helmet and it was nice to be the only couple to have arrived car-free. Riding home was nice because we had eaten too much and it felt good to move our bodies and burn some calories after indulging. Happy Easter everyone, and GO TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment