5/17/12

Active Commute Week

Active commute week is here, and I finally biked to work this morning. I ran in the Fifth Third River Bank Run, 25K race on Saturday, May12, and it's taken my legs a lot of time to recover. I barely finished that race, but I did it! I came back from an injury and ran 15.5 miles with 6 1/2 weeks of training!


Just finished the 3.5 miles of hills! They almost killed me

So I biked to work today and left with wet hair, and no jacket, not really thinking about the temperature outside because it looked so nice. Boy was I COLD. I was freezing. My arms were bare and cold and I really needed a jacekt. Thank GOD my commute is only 3.4 miles. Running in the cold and biking in the cold are COMPLETELY different. When you are on a bike, the wind really gets to you!

Tomorrow is National Bike to Work Day! Join in the fun! Bike to work! http://www.bikegrandrapids.org/

Proud of this medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment