5/18/12

Bike to Work Day

What a fun commute I had today! The Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition had bike to work day rally stops at  many local businesses, and on my route to work today, I passed by 3 of them! I talked to some cool people outside of Marie Catrib's and I was cheered by the people at GRCC. I made my way to Central District Cyclery, in downtown, and had coffee with Mayor Heartwell, and chatted with many cool people. Our local Fox TV reporter was there too, interviewing the Mayor, so who knows, maybe I am in the background on tv! :) 

I encouraged many people that I work with to bike to work today, I can't wait to see how many bikers we get! Yesterday, we had 9. Today I'm hoping for 15.

After work today, there is a big rally/party for bike to work day at the bus depot, The Rapid Central Station. Founders is also very close....sounds like a great way to end my day! Happy Pedaling!

1 comment: